Queens Park railway station, Perth
|Location||Sevenoaks Street, Queens Park|
|Owned by||Public Transport Authority|
|Operated by||Transperth Train Operations|
|Distance||11.4 kilometres from Perth|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
99091 (platform 1)
99092 (platform 2)
Queens Park Station is a railway station on the Transperth network. It is located on the Armadale/Thornlie Line, 11.4 kilometres from Perth Station serving the suburb of Queens Park, Western Australia.
As part of a Metronet project for several level crossing removals on the Armadale line, Queens Park Station will be rebuilt as an elevated station and the Hamilton Street and Wharf Street level crossings will be replaced with elevated rail. The planned design has Queens Park Station about 100 metres (300 ft) closer to Hamilton Street, and the passenger car park underneath the elevated railway. The new station will initially be accessed via stairs and lifts, and its design will allow escalators and fare gates to be added in the future. The new station platforms will be side platforms, as opposed to the current island platforms. This is to reduce the impact of the bridge structure on the surrounding area. The platforms will also be built to the length of a six-car train, as opposed to the current station which only has a length of a four-car train.
|99092||2||Armadale||All stations, B||Armadale|
- Our History Archived 22 January 2016 at the Wayback Machine Public Transport Authority
- History of Stations on the Armadale Train Line Right Track
- Station News Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine Public Transport Authority October 2012
- "Queens Park Station Factsheet" (PDF). Metronet. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 July 2021. Retrieved 19 July 2021.
- Armadale/Thornlie Line Timetable Archived 25 February 2016 at the Wayback Machine Transperth 31 January 2016