Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Jni
Jni has been with us since September 2003 (though most of his edits have been made since August 2004). I often run in to him on RC patrol and he always seems to be doing the right thing, so I suggest we make him an admin to enable him to increase the amount of good work he does (or decrease the amount of time spent on Wikipedia I suppose, but that's kind of silly). He has made 3254 edits so far. --fvw* 21:02, 2005 Jan 14 (UTC)
- I'm glad to accept. Thanks, fvw. jni 12:27, 16 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- --fvw* 21:03, 2005 Jan 14 (UTC)
- Lst27 (talk) 22:42, 14 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- gadfium 23:31, 14 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Definite support. Agree with Fvw's comment. SWAdair | Talk 07:30, 15 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- --Bart133 21:00, 15 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Carrp 02:48, 16 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Michael Snow 07:00, 16 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Support. --JuntungWu 08:56, 16 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Wile E. Heresiarch 19:33, 16 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Support, for the reasons fvw gives. -- Hoary 02:54, 2005 Jan 17 (UTC)
- Support. Would like to see more Talk page interaction; however, has been here a long time and does a lot of vandalism control. ----MPerel( talk | contrib) 07:10, Jan 17, 2005 (UTC)
- Support. utcursch 07:57, Jan 17, 2005 (UTC)
- Cannot oppose user opposed by Dr Zen. No, seriously, I've seen jni do great work on RC, and can we please stop with these trollish pseudo-votes and actually judge the people being nominated here on their own merit? -- Ferkelparade π 21:40, 17 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Support Tuf-Kat 22:04, Jan 17, 2005 (UTC)
- Support Ta bu shi da yu 05:20, 18 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Support. I second fvw's comments, and add to it that I like the broad scope of Jni's edits. One TLA supported! Jordi·✆ 08:42, 18 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Support. I like the old 1911 Brit also. alteripse 15:20, 18 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- -Aranel ("Sarah") 21:23, 18 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- --Rje 23:32, Jan 18, 2005 (UTC)
- Support; fine editor, likely to be a fine admin. Antandrus 02:15, 19 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- BLANKFAZE | (что??) 00:10, 20 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Support -- Chris 73 Talk 05:40, Jan 20, 2005 (UTC)
- Support. Somebody grab another copy of the keys to the Wiki-closet, please. - Lucky 6.9 18:30, 20 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Ryan! | Talk 14:54, Jan 21, 2005 (UTC)
- Jayjg | (Talk) 17:06, 21 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Cannot support user endorsed by this editor.Dr Zen 02:42, 17 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Would you care to elaborate on the reason(s) why jni's unfit for adminship? -- Hoary 02:54, 2005 Jan 17 (UTC)
- Dr Zen, I think that would be better in Neutral. We've already marked Ollieplatt's vote as invalid for the same reason. Votes should be made not based on the nominator but on the user who is up for nomination. - Ta bu shi da yu 05:20, 18 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Questions for the candidate
A few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores, if any, would you anticipate helping with? (Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list.)
- A. As my nominator fvw already said above, I have done some RC patrolling recently and intend to continue that activity. I'm especially active in Special:Newpages, routing articles to proper destinations (categorize it, copyvio, cleanup, VfD, CSD, etc.) or doing some basic wikification right on spot. I would also keep watch for vandals and trolls. I have run on few situations were the ability to handle complex page moves and history merging would have been really great, and I intend to help on Wikipedia:Requested moves occasionally. On deletion front, I like the voting phase itself best, but I'm willing to sometimes help with processing the backlog.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to Wikipedia, are there any about which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A. I like Katori Shinto-ryū, although I didn't originate this one, I feel it currently has the right balance of encyclopedic knowledge versus minor details in it, when compared against *all* existing English language references about this specialized topic. I would say my cleanup and cross-referencing in Category:Economists and in its subcategories has been beneficial to Wikipedia. Call me odd, put I also like List of people by name, and have done lots of cleanup and additions there. My newest activity is proofreading and fixing pages imported from the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and will deal with it in the future?
- A. I have had few disputes over contents in Economy of United States, The Road to Serfdom and related pages with editors that held vastly different political opinitions than I. I have found that one revert per day is good enough even when the opposing side has an agenda to push a not-NPOV view. They will grow tired at tilting against the windmills sooner or later. I like to stay out of most hot debates, mainly because I edit here in order to relax, not to acquire any extra stress. On the other hand, reverting outright vandalism, that is quite relaxing actually! Sometimes VfD turns out nasty; I got angry letters in my email because of Wikipedia:Votes for deletion/Himizu Ryu, but that hasn't stopped me from searching articles with fabricated contents afterwards.